information please

Alle technischen Veränderungen rund um Motor, Bremsen, Fahrwerk, Reifen usw.
Antworten [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ArthurPE
Audi RS4 Fahrer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

information please

Beitrag von ArthurPE » Sonntag 2. Oktober 2011, 00:44

Audi ceramic brake option

is anything else required other than:
calipers
pads
rotors
???

will the old mounting points, hoses, etc. all work?

there is a set on ebay for sale...

thank you

Donkey
Audi RS4 Fahrer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Beitrag von Donkey » Montag 24. Oktober 2011, 08:24

Hello Arthur,
Sorry it took me awhile to respond. The Ceramic Brake is a very nice feature but from a couple of discussion in the forum here there are more downsides then advantages. Besides what you already posted you also need a new ABS control module and brake lines. Also it is very expensive if you ever have to replace the rotors, since two are about 7,000.00Euro what equals to $10,000.00. Also the break only works better than the stock one when the rotors are hot; when cold the regular RS4 brake is better. Also the Ceramic Brake squeals when cold. I am not saying that the Ceramic Brake is a bad thing but they are more meant to be used on the track and in my opinion have more cons than pros.
Regards, Mathias
P.S. which forum do you use stateside? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Audizine has good info but only sometimes and Vortex doesn’t have any RS4 input.
Life is still good.
Gruss an alle Mathias

ArthurPE
Audi RS4 Fahrer

Beitrag von ArthurPE » Samstag 12. November 2011, 04:48

Thank you for the response; sounds like too much expense/trouble for no real benefit.
The stateside forums are all right, but too much drama and negativism, in my opinion, and too much focus on drag racing mentality.
I frequent rs246 (UK), pretty good bunch of guys.

s4_driver
Audi RS4 Fahrer

Beitrag von s4_driver » Samstag 12. November 2011, 09:20

i have a set of ceramic brakes for sale. Brand new - you can let Ultimot build them right for the rs4 b5

Antworten

Zurück zu „Audi RS4 - Tuning / Leistungssteigerungen“